Monday, April 23, 2018, 1:30 P.M. – 5:30 P.M.
Whether in a large department or a small, we all experience the same issues around officer development. This workshop draws on several disciplines to aid participants in identifying the key characteristics of successful officers and managers. Through discussion and activities, the participants will be introduced to seven traits critical to professional growth. Among the issues covered will be barriers that hinder cultural change, transforming from firefighter to fire officer and shaping the future.
(Pictured below is the first crew under my command as an assigned officer. They taught me more than I could ever learn from a book – Thanx Terence , Al, Flo and Mike)
Through the use of dialogue we will share the traits that are commonly associated with good officers and successful leaders. Drawing on elements of the National Fire Academy course, ” Shaping the Future”, participants will exchange ideas and insight for the past, current and future Fire and Emergency Services Culture. We will identify the elements of change in a non-judgmental way.
- Define the seven areas for exploration and discussion.
- Utilize dialogue and written exercises to identify key terms.
- Discover your “Command Presence”
- Discuss barriers that hinder cultural change.
- Identify resources to aid in transformation from Fire Fighter to Fire Officer.
- Identify unique issues and operations in the Fire Service Culture.
- Discuss common business and management cultural principles.
Hope you can make it out and join me. The best lessons are always shared. Stay safe!